Pages


Monday, February 4, 2013

On trend

Sometimes with all these social media outlets, its hard to remember what it was like when you couldn't reach one person in 10 different ways. I could do with out it all I think. All except for Pinterest. I really don't know what I did before it! I catch myself looking at it if I just have a few seconds while I'm waiting in line somewhere, or during the commercials, or if I can't sleep at night. Yikes.

I have being seeing all over the place these "green monster smoothies." I pinned a few, but I wasn't too sure. Seems to me like if half the ingredients are spinach, it might in fact, taste like spinach. Not so my friends! Lucky for me I had an ancient bag of frozen pineapple/mango bits hanging out in the depths of the freezer. There are a million links out there and a ton of recipes, but I'll just tell you how I threw it together because I am too lazy to go find one. You folks are privileged to be getting a blog post these days. I have a bit on my plate what with the reception coming up.

The first one I made, I just put a few leaves in. MAYBE a handful. I've progressed now, after the initial fear. The one I made pre-work out (that's right, I worked out today too) today I filled half my blender up with spinach, little stems and all. I also added maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen fruit, a little container of lime activa yogurt, and some water to blend it all up. Oh and don't forget a squirt or two of honey. mmmmm.

Very green. And oh so tasty!

In the back of the picture you can see a little peek of the glorious cake stands we have been making for the reception. Just hold on to your horses, the reception is going to be so beautiful!

1 comment: