Pages


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Engagment photo props

Another delightful aspect of pinterest that I LOVE is the ideas for pictures. I love looking at pictures of weddings/ engagement sessions. I generally, don't like being photographed, but I actually had a ton of fun when Chance and I met with Anna. Seriously, she made us look so good. If you need any kind of pictures taken, you should definitely call her. I can't wait to see all the awesome stuff she does for the wedding.

 I was really happy with how easy the initial embroidery hoop turned out. I just hot glued buttons, so cheap and cheesy... but it worked. There was no way I was going to sew all those buttons on there. Part of my plan for wedding decorations is making some that I can use in more than one way. This for example was obviously in our engagement photo, it will be used somewhere in the wedding, and then I think it will hang somewhere after the wedding in the bedroom with pictures of us around it. Fun!

 I used stencils from Martha Stewart for the date sign. Don't ask me where I got that piece of wood... I found it in my craft stash. Oh, and it was just a sharpie, work smarter not harder right?

Emily actually made the banner. We used hot glue, twine, doileys, 2 hankies, and regular ole acrylic craft paint that costs 50 cents. We got in a fight over that silly cursive L. It turned out awesome!

Another awesome thing about Anna, is that she gave me the rights to my pictures. I have been hoarding groupons and living social deals that have anything to do with using pictures. I spent a lot of my free time at the yard sale last weekend creating the photo book that will be our guest book, some gifts for parents, and some save the dates. It was very fun. I did find though that the groupon to Picaboo didn't end up being the best deal. I ended up paying $24 dollars in shipping for the $100 that I had to spend (it was a $35 groupon). Anyway, I got some of the stuff in the mail today and it was very high quality so I am happy about that. 

Peace yo.
Ash

1 comment: